Robin uses many different types of materials including stones from all over the world.
- Gold: pure (24k) hallmarked 999, 22k – 916, 18k – 750, 14k – 583, 9k – 375
- 22k foil used for Keum Boo is not hallmarked
- Sterling Silver (92.5% silver & 7.5% copper) is hallmarked 925
- Fine Silver is pure silver (has no copper content, therefore does not tarnish). I use this for enameling, hallmarked 999FS
- Bi-metal is a thin layer of 22 or 18ct gold permanently bonded on to sterling silver, hallmarked: 916 & 925 (for 22k) or 750 & 925 (for 18k)
- Titanium is a very hard metal which can be coloured by using an electric current or an open flame (I use a flame). This metal cannot be soldered and is not hallmarked.
- Brass and Copper are base metals, not hallmarked.
- Stainless Steel: I use this for the pins of the brooches because it is far stronger than sterling silver.
- Vitreous Enamel: high temperature, transparent enamel. I use transparent enamels because I love the way the silver shines through the enamel.